Fundamentals of Programming provides programming education and mentoring for kids from age 7-18, specifically an introduction to programming concepts and techniques designed to make them active users of computers.
• Educate children in a number of programming concepts and platforms in a fun and engaging way
• Provide a hands-on look at what makes up a computer
These are a few of the future directions in which I’d like to take the program.
• The classroom component should foster mentor and peer support for programming amongst the students and instructors
• Provide a safe, vetted online component where children can join classrooms and get their code and projects reviewed and be tutored remotely to encourage their interest in programming and the computer programming community at large
• Provide the opportunity for professional software engineers to donate their time to mentoring students